Report v23.1 Enhancements
This topic introduces the significant features and enhancements of the Report v23.1 release.
- When specifying the Background property for labels and fields in Designer and Web/Page Report Studio, you can now apply a transparent background color when customizing the color via dialog box or by typing an RGBA color value.
- You can now customize legend entry labels for values that meet specified conditions, when defining advanced single color conditional fill in a Bar, Bench, Line, Pie, or Donut chart. In addition, Report adds a new property Show Duplicate Items on chart legend and sets it to "false" by default, to remove duplicate labels from the legend, so your reports look better when a chart applies conditional fill.
- You can now use more properties on the Text Box and some Web Control objects such as Filter Control, Parameter Form Control, Drop-down List, and Text Field, to enhance the look and feel of your reports. You can also specify these properties in the CSS styles you apply to the reports.
- You can now create and update bar charts in the page report template editor Report Studio.
- You can now manage bookmarks of web reports in the My Bookmarks folder on the Resources page of Server Console, such as running bookmarks directly, viewing their parameter and filter information, updating their names and descriptions, setting/clearing default bookmarks for web reports, and removing bookmarks. Administrators can also manage other users’ bookmarks in the same way, except that they cannot run bookmarks.
- You can now create a union query for a business view when defining the business view either in Designer or using API, so each report using the business view can have their own SQL query that is built dynamically at runtime. Applying union queries in business views can result in improved performance by fetching only necessary resources from database as compared to static SQL queries.
- You can now join data for a business view by defining parent-child relationships between the tables the business view applies using the new Branch Editor. This new join approach enables you to get a different dataset for the business view, as compared to the dataset generated by using traditional joins.
- Server now supports all Customize Profile properties in the REST/WEB API, including Common, Web Report Studio, Page Report Studio, and JDashboard properties.